It’s that time of year again, where we look back at where we’ve come and look ahead to where we’re going. At Stride, it’s been an amazing year. We’ve seen over 5,000 people from all around the world use Stride and millions in new business as a result of our product and the amazing people that manage those accounts — we can’t take more than a smidgen of the credit.
As important as it is to look back, we think it’s even more important to look ahead, especially when it comes to the future of the product. Transparency is a value we hold closely, and as such, we want to give you a clear roadmap of where we’re going and the order of our efforts. Gaze into our future, below:
1) Deal Tagging – We’ve found both by using Stride ourselves and through the feedback from you, our users, that the ability to tag deals would be extremely valuable. Tagging will come in handy if you want to segment by a certain member of your team or just want to bulk certain deal types together when you work. We’re extremely close on having this finished and plan on pushing it live in early January.
2) @Mentions for Teams – Team collaboration will be taken to a new level with @ mentions. If there’s an action or question that you want someone on your team to take, @ mentions will help you trigger that directly from Stride. Whether it’s on a comment or note, @ mentions will help your team stay on the same page.
3) Document Management – It’s likely that every deal you create has accompanying documents. As of now, we’re hearing that folks are linking to spreadsheets or uploading contracts on other services — that doesn’t cut it. So, we want to make it easier to manage documents within Stride. With this feature you’ll be able to upload documents or connect directly to services like Google Drive and Dropbox.
4) iPhone App – We’ve been working on our iPhone app for the past few weeks, and things are moving along splendidly, but it’s a large undertaking. We’re not looking to replicate the website experience, we want to take it a bit further. The iPhone app will give you everything you need to manage your deals on the go, and it’s not far off.
5) Mac App – We’re huge Apple users here at Stride, and building natively for the Mac allows us to provide a much stronger experience on the desktop, where Stride is used most frequently today. This app will allow us to tie in with the operating system to streamline deal creation and the like.
Big features aside, we’ll of course continue to improve the service along the way. All of the little details and simplicity that you’ve come to expect from us. If you’d like to see a feature in Stride that wasn’t listed above, feel free to make note of it here.
We hope 2012 was an amazing year for you and your business, and we’re excited to be a part of your success in 2013.